Scratch that, this process starts 5/18/15. Time waits for no troll.
So… I’m waiting one week and then rolling this out live.
TL:DR version — I can and will make liberal use of the block button. If you're on extremely cordial terms with people I deem toxic, if you're a "get more followers" spam bot, distasteful in a way I find unappealing, are a misogynist jerk, or et cetera I will block you.
I am under no obligation whatsoever to make it easy on people who I perceive to be threats or risks to myself (or my friends/loved ones/associates) to follow my timeline.
1) My Facebook account is highly regulated and locked down. I do not typically send out friend requests — I only respond to incoming requests. If I add you as my friend and we don't know each other well you will likely only see my acquaintance level view. I periodically go through and unfriend accounts that appear inactive or annoying, among other things.
2) My Twitter account is public for a variety of reasons, most of which revolve around being ok with revealing certain aspects of my life publicly online.
3) I give no quarter to follow bots and spam bots that lack a novel edge. Accounts like Godtributes, horse_ebooks, and ebooks bots built by people I follow that I find entertaining will appear in my retweets. No ifs, ands, or buts.
4) There are people in this world that I consider to be toxic. Upon encountering these folks following me I will block them.
5) Associates of toxic people who interact with said toxic people and their circle of friends will also be blocked. Interaction levels will influence this — but I will by default err on the side of blocking people.
6) Appeals to the block policy can be made by sending an email to email@example.com however please be prepared to be summarily ignored.
Most importantly, there is rule 7:
7) if you have ever stalked, harassed, or otherwise behaved in a manner I find grossly objectionable towards me you will and forever shall remain on the block list. I will continue to block you on each and every service I utilize until the heat death of the universe or my untimely demise.